What Staff Can Expect
Just as we seek to provide our pupils with an outstanding educational experience, we want every member of staff to find being part of Chrysalis MAT a highly rewarding and fulfilling experience.
Whether you’re a newly qualified teacher or an aspiring school leader, we strive to provide the challenge and support you require to reach your full potential and grow your career; whilst also taking your health and wellbeing very seriously.
With plans to grow, this is an exciting time to be joining Chrysalis MAT. We are always on the lookout for innovative, inspirational and dedicated people who are passionate about improving the life chances of all pupils – however deprived or privileged, demanding or easy and whatever their background or ability, culture or gender. In doing so you will be making a positive impact on the local communities our schools serve and contributing to the success of our Trust.
In return what can we offer you? A supportive, collaborative environment where you have access to a wide range of professional development opportunities and benefits of which you can find out more below.
We truly value and believe in our staff and take every opportunity to recognise and celebrate the important role they play. Now is the time for you to be involved in playing your part in building a strong Multi Academy Trust. If you are up the for the challenge, we would love to hear from you.
What can we offer you?
Growing our own
Whatever stage you are in your career, we provide induction, training, mentoring, leadership and progression opportunities through an effective professional development programme to ensure you feel supported, empowered and motivated to grow and reach your full potential.
The programme can be tailored around each member of staff’s unique skills and career ambitions, including the opportunity to study Level 3 qualifications, foundation degrees, Initial Teacher Training (ITT), postgraduate and master’s degrees as well as Early Career Teachers (ECTs).
Every member of staff can expect:
- A comprehensive induction package
- Well-planned and regular inset days
- A full and constantly evolving CPD programme, from within and beyond the Trust, tailored to meet your individual needs
- Opportunities to undertake specific leadership programmes e.g. NPQH, NPQSL and NPQML
- Accredited training with recognised qualifications e.g. Outstanding Teachers Programme and Creative Teacher Programme
- A well-developed Associate Training Programme to support career progression
- A full coaching programme through OLEVI for new and emerging leaders
- SENCO qualification support
- Collaborative projects with other schools across the Trust
- Opportunities to work across the Trust and have an impact beyond your school
- Trust conferences providing the opportunity to liaise with colleagues from other schools across the Trust.
We have an extensive number of partnerships with organisations across a range of sectors to not only boost opportunities for our young people but for our staff as well. These include, but are not limited to:
- Challenge Partners Network of Excellence – we are leading the biggest and strongest hub, the North West London Hub
- OLEVI, leaders in teacher development and school leadership training programmes
- Initial Teacher Training with Brunel and Middlesex universities
- Brent Mental Health Support Team
- Future Frontiers
- Imperial College London
- The University of Oxford
- The University of Cambridge
- Sutton Trust
- The BBC
- Brent Music Services
- Synergy Theatre Project
- Warner Brothers
- Chelsea Football Club
- Saracen’s Rugby Club
- Jack Petchey
- ASK (Apprenticeship, Support and Knowledge for Schools) Programme.
Incentives and benefits
To enhance your day-to-day working life whilst also supporting your work-life balance, we offer some exceptional incentives and benefits including:
- Flexible and part-time opportunities
- Family friendly leave scheme
- Maternity, Adoption and Paternity pay and leave
- Enhanced Maternity/Adoption pay after a continuous1-year service with the Trust
- Generous special leave allowances, including dependency leave, carer leave and compassionate leave
- Membership of a generous pension scheme (LGPS or TPS)
- Generous non-contact time
- Your own classroom and workspace
- A range of computer suites and IT facilities as well as access to staff laptops
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff concessions at onsite nurseries
- Free onsite parking
- Regular staff feedback surveys to identify where we can improve things further
- An open-door policy where your line manager will listen to your opinions and you will feel valued.
Your health and wellbeing are a priority
Sometimes meeting the demands of work and personal life can be a real challenge. We recognise this and pride ourselves on providing the following:
- Staff wellbeing programme
- Dedicated wellbeing day, including yoga, meditations and smoothies
- Trained Mental Health Ambassadors for our staff
- Workload and wellbeing team including time management
- Free, confidential staff advice and counselling service 24 hours/day, 365 days/year
- Weekly staff enrichment clubs
- Theatre visits and shopping trips
- Staff enrichment workshops and specialist sessions aimed at enhancing wellbeing including yoga, mindfulness, poetry and photography.
- Onsite fitness suite free for staff to use
- Onsite sports access
- Free eye test
- Subsidised healthy meals.
A location full of advantages
North West London’s vibrant and diverse culture, accessible transport links, green space and entertainment is appealing. So it is no wonder why it has some of the most sought after residential addresses and is experiencing one of the fastest growth rates in London.
Whether your interests and passions lie at Wembley Stadium, London Designer Outlet, the Royal Air Force Museum, Brent Cross Shopping Centre or Gunnersbury Park, sporty Brent, leafy Ealing or historic Harrow won’t leave you short of anything to see or do.
Want more? Then why not hop on the train, tube, bus or road to explore the City of London or surrounding areas.